ACADEMIC LITERACY 1 STUDENTS
By now you will have started receiving your results for ADL1 F1, please READ the following information carefully:
You achieved 70% or more for ADL1 F1:
- You are deemed competent for this assessment event and are not considered to be at risk.
- You need not read further.
You achieved more than 30% but less than 70% for ADL1 F1:
- You are considered borderline at risk of not successfully completing this subject.
- You are eligible for the supplementary assessment and it is suggested that you apply for this particularly if you achieved less than 50%.
- You are also strongly encouraged to register for the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme
- IF you register for the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme AND the supplementary assessment you will only be required to pay for the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme, your account will be credited for the supplementary fee. If you only register for the MyFoundations Remediation Programme, you will only be required to pay this registration fee.
- If you are unsure of how to apply for a supplementary assessment please refer to Section 5.8: Assessment – Point x.: Supplementary Assessments of your 2016 Student Information & Rulebook.
If you achieved less than 30% for ADL1 – FA1:
- You are not eligible for the supplementary assessment.
- BUT you are strongly advised to register for the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme as this will benefit you in all your subjects.
- You will be required to pay the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme registration fee, directly to Pearson (banking details will be made available).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q1: Why should I register for the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme?
If you fall under Scenario B or C:
- The MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme is an on-line programme that will assist you to master the literacy skills required for all your learning subjects.
- The programme is customised specifically to your needs and the skills you need to develop.
- Once you have paid for the programme and have received your access code, you are able to access the programme at any time from any computer for a set period.
Q2: How do I sign up?
- Each ADL1 lecturer has a sign up sheet that you need to complete: name, surname, student number and e-mail address.
- The sign up sheet will be sent to Pearson who will provide you with an access code for the remediation programme once payment has been made.
- Pearson will invoice you directly for your registration.
- IF you are eligible and have applied for the supplementary assessment too, the fee for this application will only be credited once you have registered and paid for the remediation programme.
Q3: How much does it cost?
- 3 months access to the remediation programme costs: R112.50
Q4: Can I take a tour of the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme?
- For an overview of the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme click here
- To see how MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme helps students master key concepts and improve their results click here
If you have any other questions or queries regarding the ADL1 F1 assessment or the MyFoundationsLab Remediation Programme please speak to your ADL1 lecturer.